Gillette Launches King C. Gillette Grooming & Beard Care Products
Inspired by more than 115 years of innovation and grooming experience, the range bears the name of founder King Camp Gillette and promises to be a one-stop-shop for all men with facial hair.
Procter & Gamble’s men’s grooming and skincare brand Gillette recently announced the launch of King C. Gillette, a new range of tools and products to help men perfect their facial hairstyle and grooming regimen at home. Inspired by more than 115 years of innovation and grooming experience, the line gives a nod to the company’s heritage by bearing the name of its founder King Camp Gillette.
The King C. Gillette tools and facial hair care essentials include the double-edged safety razor that was pioneered back in 1901 by King C. Gillette as well as beard-care products such as beard wash and oil.
Gary Coombe, CEO, Gillette commented, “We’re excited to announce the launch of the King C. Gillette range – the first complete lineup of products and tools designed for men with facial hair. Our founder King C. Gillette revolutionized the male grooming experience more than a century ago, and so it is fitting that this new brand bears his name. All men have their own grooming styles and rituals which is personal to them, and so we’ve put all our years of shaving experience together with the very best razor, hair and skin care technologies to create this full range of tools, accessories and care products to meet all the grooming needs of all men. It’s the one-stop shop for grooming that men have been looking for.”
The range is categorized into three sections:
Shave & Edge:
- Double Edge Safety Razor and Blade Refills
- Shave and Edging Razor and Blade Refills
- Transparent Shave Gel
- Beard trimmer – cordless with three interchangeable combs
- Daily Beard & Face Wash (350ml) – said to be infused with coconut water, and patented hair conditioning technology, that has been optimized especially for beards, to leave skin & hair feeling soft and smooth
- Soft Beard Balm (100ml) – conditioning balm with cocoa butter, can be used as a leave-in product or a deep conditioning wash-off mask
- Beard Oil (30ml) – said to be lightweight and non-greasy, and features argan oil to soften facial hair and moisturize the skin underneath the beard
King C. Gillette shave gel, beard & face wash, beard balm and beard oil claim to be formulated with plant-based ingredients like argan oil, avocado oil, coconut water, aloe vera, white tea extract and cocoa butter. Each of these products features the King C. Gillette signature scent which has been developed by Gillette’s own expert perfume team in close collaboration with an international fragrance house and trend experts. The signature scent was designed with top notes of cardamom and ginger, heart notes of lavender and bourbon oil, and base notes including patchouli and sandalwood.